Underrated Souless producer and maker of beautiful music ntvrme has been on my interview list for a while, so it’s good we finally did this. We talked about influences, favourite music and what’s next for his career.
1. You have a bunch of beautiful songs on Soundcloud, and now two on Spotify. Did you select those songs because they’re your most popular or because they’re some of your favourites?
Honestly, I picked one of them ’cause it was my most popular so I figured it’d get more traction. The other just sounded like it had to be on there to me lol.
2. What is the best song you’ve produced, in your opinion? ‘MEMOREASE’ from the Souless tape is particularly amazing, as is ‘Outro4Barry’ from KILL BARRY 2. Those are two wholly different but equally gorgeous beats.
Thank you I really appreciate that haha. In my opinion, it’s this song SeKwence did over a beat of mine called Rememories, which actually inspired the “MEMOREASE” name lol. But Sek took the song down smh. Or maybe even this next one I got on the Comp.
3. Is there anyone that you would like to collaborate with on a beat or track that you haven’t already? Your music is definitely diverse enough to accomodate a multitude of rapping/production styles.
There’s definitely a few. Off top for rappers I’d say Earl Sweatshirt, MIKE, Da$h, Isaiah Rashad, Wiki, Curren$y, and Mac Miller. Rest in peace to that man. For producers, Knxwledge, Samiyam, Monte Booker, Madlib, Mndsgn, Swarvy, Sleepeyes, Jax., Devonwho, I could go on for a bit lol. That’s just a few I can think of.
4. When did you become a member of Souless and have you been able to work on music with any of the others in person?
I think I became a member around last year, all I remember is SeKwence asking me to join and the rest is history. I haven’t been able to work with anyone in person mostly cause my mom wouldn’t allow me to go out with grown ass men lmao.
5. How did you decide on your producer name and does it have any particular meaning?
I went through a lot of name changes, like a lot. At a certain point I randomly thought of “noteverme” and just shortened to ntvrme. There was a point in my life where I felt like I wasn’t myself, it was pretty frustrating. I feel like I’m getting closer to finally being who I -think- I am. Until then, the name’s ntvrme.
6. Who or what was your main inspiration to start making music, did you have any favourite producers growing up?
Ah man, it started off with my brothers, my brothers started it all. They were the ones making music over lofi beats back in like 2010/2011. I just fell in the love with the sounds and stuff man. It was Knxwledge and Mndsgn who were the main two. They definitely kicked off my inspiration. But what REALLY made me start producing was that man Ovrkast. I used to listen to his shit back in like 6th grade. I kinda stopped for a bit and went back to it and his shit started sounding crazy. So I figured if he could do this I might as well try. This was back in like 2016.
7.What have you been listening to lately, anything that I need putting on to?
Nothing special really, I fucked with ASTROWORLD a lot, I’m not even a Travis fan like that. That shit was just good to hear. I listen to the same shit everyday man, lol. Just a bunch of beats and shit.
8. Do you have plans to release a full-length project, and what is your next musical venture in the meantime?
Definitely expect that. No idea when, but a project is definitely happening. In the meantime just be on the lookout for beats just droppin. On Spotify and SoundCloud.
9. Do you have any beats on the upcoming Souless comp? I really hope so.
Absolutely. I have a couple on there. They went off on em too, very special stuff.
10. Thanks for doing this mate, been cool. Any shoutouts you’d like to give?
Nah, thank you man. Always wanted to do an interview. I wanna shoutout SoMuchSoul, those are my brothers doing next level shit. Shoutout to my mom too. And of course shoutout to the Souless fam.
Listen to ntvrme on Soundcloud. Follow him on Twitter at @ntvrme.
One thought on “Interview #34: ntvrme”