UNDA rapper/producer ICXXY is making waves in the scene at the moment, his work with BMB DEATHROW in particular placing him in the upper echelon. In this interview, we discussed his influences, his motivation to make music, and the stuff he has planned in the very near future.
1. The first track I ever heard from you was ‘Pain’, which remains a favourite. Will you ever go back to making more emotional material?
I have a lot of emotional music in the vault because I’m hella depressed an make it to express but I rarely drop it
2. The MYSTIC PIMP series has really put your name out there, you’ve topped your own efforts with each and every drop. How did you get to working with IAMPISSED and LOKO LOS?
I first met iampissed about a year ago when I first started making music he had a free non profit beat on YouTube and I used it an posted the like he told me how he fucked with it and I told him how one day when I start to invest in my music I’m gonna start buying hella beats off him I kept true to my words an I met loko los through an instagram shoutout I posted on my story an said to hit him up an cop beats he had then replied to me an we got into a long ass convo he told me he really fucked with my music an my beats that’s when we Became cool I told him we gotta make some shit with me him an pissed that’s how mystic pimp was born ever since then the rest has been history
3. You’ve worked with other producers aside from the core BMB guys, including KRXXK. Do you have any plans for collab projects with any other producers?
I have a project produced by SnowIcy coming out soon and I’m gonna try an get some beats from gyptxvn for a project
4. You’re from New York, but I don’t think your music sounds much like it. Who influenced you to start rapping?
I was heavily influenced to start rapping by early rvidxr klvn shit heavily influenced by purrp in particular but also very influenced by ugly mane bones an chris travis
5. As well as being a rapper, you are an accomplished producer who has worked with Baby Gucci, $UAVI GUALLA, and most recently COWBOYKILERR on TAUGHT ME HOW TO GET IT’. Do you have separate influences when it comes to making beats?
I was very inspired in making beats because I was broke an used to have to produce for myself until I had my bag right I used to make beats in style of Landfill aka.syber and spaceghostpurrp loko los and iampissed were huge inspirations as well loko made me feel confident in production and is why I ever even got to where I am now with it
6. Have you ever rapped on one of your own productions? I feel like a tape of stuff like that would be amazing.
I used to produce everything for myself I just decided to take everything off SoundCloud because I wanted the focus on my ICXXY x BMB collabs all my old music is still on bandcamp though for like 3$ a tape
7. What inspires you to put out so much great music? You seem like you’re always working on something.
What keeps me making music is the fact that I’m fuckin psychotic an it’s the only thing that makes me not blow my fuckin brains out lmfaooo also babygucci an loko look out for me they taught me what’s really important with music an that’s to just have fun an not give a fuck also I make about 4-5 tracks a day I just vault everything so I never run out of fresh releases
8. Who are your current favourite rappers and producers? Put me on to some unda shit I might not know about.
Favorite unda artist rn are definitely LZA babygucci Ferrara dedlfe myself blakkkoran 6th$ense $krrt cobain spookyli twistkid vcid an Luh boost almost forgot loudpack kap majinbuuddha681 an sgp plus many more dm me if you want new music to listen to lol
9. Do you have any more merch coming? That long sleeve you got up rn looks dope as fuck, imma have to cop.
Got new merch being purchased this month on the 13th in time for Christmas. y’all gon fw it
10. Finally, you can do some shoutouts! Thanks for agreeing to this bro, it’s been cool watchin you on the come up over the last couple months.
SHOUTOUT LOKO LOS IAMPISSED BABYGUCCI LZA SNAKE BUUDDHA LUH BOOST MY DEAD TURTLE MY HOMIE CHRISTIAN AN SHAWN SHOUT OUT TO YOU 108mics SHOUT OUT GYPTXVN SNOWICY SHOUTOUT 6th$ense ABNML AREA SHOUT OUT CHOP000 SHOUT OUT DYLAN VANROOST SHOUT OUT AYLIN SHOUT OUT TWISTKID SHOUT OUT GG SHOUT OUT VCIDSHOUT OUT EVERYONE WORKING SHOUTOUT THE UNDA I LOVE YALL THANK YOU FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY TO ASK ME QUESTIONS